Search This Blog

This is the on going record of my adventures travelling across the US to Jerome, Arizona, and my 2 month stay down there! A pilgrimage of sorts into revisiting and expanding my creativity! Why Jerome? In 2006 Rae and I came across Jerome by accident in the night driving on a crazy 158 S curve road over Mingus mountain to get to Sedona; went back to check it out the next day to explore it and I started crying standing in an art gallery there because I felt "at home".

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day7-Still in Boulder







Boulder; What a beautiful town. Found out that the `mountains` I saw today are just the foothills; the higher mountains were not visible due to the moisture in the air.
I`m still here typing in the kitchen of a really cool hostel.The couch surfers are all busy I guess. I found a great Whole Foods place where I stocked up on good food finally- hummus and the like.

Guess where I spent a large part of my day --CELESTIAL SEASONINGS!
The manufacturing plant & Corp offices are here in Boulder...and it was so extreemly inspiring that I started to cry! I have to say if I got a job with them here...I`d want to move here-You`ve got to visit this place if you are ever out here: Why am I so enthralled...
  • the place and the people have some kind of spirit that I liken to the Ben& Jerry`s Company that we visited in Vermont:
  • the welcoming atmosphere - all the people working there said it was the best ever place to work
  • a very empowering & socially conscious philosophy, - they`ve always been dealing with organic fair trade farms; they originated in `68 - you guessed it - some hippy folks started collecting herbs and plants from the side of the mountain behind Boulder and sewed their own muslin tea bags
  • artistic ( all their images - the original paintings that were commissioned for their tea boxes are displayed everywhere)- the colors and cool paintings even extending into the manufacturing area.
  • AND of course the smell; they cut the herbs and teas there ( except for the mints because they contain an oil and the smell is so powerful it would `pollute` all the other teas!)
  • this week they processed lemon grass and it was so great to smell.
  • and then there`s the gift shop; alot of the teas are not imported to Canada...so guess what I have a bag full of in the car
Before Sunset I drove up the Flagstaff mountain road- S curves abound - fun! and spectacular sites.. met some great college kids up there from Germany, Chile...Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
I love exploring Creativity and what it makes possible. My business, Flourish Arts, is a natural expression of this. I have a Bachelor of Fine Art Degree from Queen's University.I'm a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Artist, and Certified Yoga Teacher. Creativity has always been part of everything I have taken on. My journey as a full time Artist is now possible and I am passionate in sharing my art with others and having people - adults & children ~ find their own creative self-expression!