Search This Blog

This is the on going record of my adventures travelling across the US to Jerome, Arizona, and my 2 month stay down there! A pilgrimage of sorts into revisiting and expanding my creativity! Why Jerome? In 2006 Rae and I came across Jerome by accident in the night driving on a crazy 158 S curve road over Mingus mountain to get to Sedona; went back to check it out the next day to explore it and I started crying standing in an art gallery there because I felt "at home".

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 6-Buffalo Bill Territory to the Colorado










North Platte; There's a wedding going on in the hotel-brings me back to the excitement of Jennifer and Sam's wedding! I saw them all at a church later in the day on my way out of town. I registered into CouchSurfing.com, a cool site to sleep on someone's couch instead of a hotel--Something I learned from Saera. Check it out-its a fantastic idea and community. We let people 'surf' on our couch all the time! Hoping to couch-surf in Boulder.

So this town is sandwiched between the South & the North Platte Rivers. They haven't designed the town around it to enjoy it; no park by the river or a cafe overlooking the river..."dear, you just go to the river to look at it"
Hershey; I finally saw the river ( see photo) when I drove up a county rd west of town to see it. Everyone comes to see the train depot here. I came to see more of what Buffalo Bill was about and the Wild West. His ranch and home were closed. I visited the local Heritage Museum and spoke to the ladies running it; see the clip of one woman talking about living in a sod house until she got married.




Sutherland; Grasslands-starting to see beef cattle herds: free roaming on the grasslands beautiful ...and then I smelled such a stench & when I looked closer ...UGH! on a huge, dark STINKY enclosed padlock area -crowded-MASSIVE and sad.
Hwy 76 turnoff into Colorado; The landscape is changing now that I'm in Colorado. No one seemed to drive down this barren slightly undulating hilly area. Just Matilda and I. Hwy 76..and roads are getting farther apart and "No Service" written on them.




Crook: Whew! Find a small gas station -almost on empty- never will let myself get past 1/2 tank again! And a clean the window full of bugs. This area feels uncomfortable..nothin' around -not even crops-stinky fields to the north - a couple processing plants for ? Hydro lines ....and I'm so relieved when I come down a hill to see the sun setting behind the Rockies! Make some calls to get connected and take a 360 video.




Sterling: drive by this area and see an interesting official looking installation in the distance-military? science?




Hudson: stop for gas, window cleaning & sub; buy wireless time to see if i can connect to some couch surfers.




Boulder: pull in to a Best Western Golden Bluff Lodge-fall fast asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
I love exploring Creativity and what it makes possible. My business, Flourish Arts, is a natural expression of this. I have a Bachelor of Fine Art Degree from Queen's University.I'm a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Artist, and Certified Yoga Teacher. Creativity has always been part of everything I have taken on. My journey as a full time Artist is now possible and I am passionate in sharing my art with others and having people - adults & children ~ find their own creative self-expression!